This is a long one but chock-full of vetted resources for students who find themselves with some extra time on their hands. Need help? We are here! Call us today at (301) 312-8863 or go to www.eagleeyetutoring.com
• Radio Lab (a few podcasts below to get you started)
• A national secret that led to tragedy in a sleepy logging town in south-central Oregon. https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/articles/fu-go
• An alternate theory to what REALLY happened to the dinosaurs https://www.wnycstudios.org/…/radiol…/segments/dinopocalypse
• Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
• http://www.historyplace.com – kind of random, but some interesting things here including historical photos.
• http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com – terrific site with lots of original documents from ordinary people who were present at major events.
• http://www.streetsofwashington.com – a lot of DC history and historical photos. Rum Row, Gilded Age mansions, photos of U.S. Grant’s inauguration, coverage of riots in 1857 in DC and the murderous heatwave of 1896 – it’s all here!!
• https://ghostsofdc.org – more local history of DC. Baseball, the story of Swampdoodle and Murder Bay. This is what was here before everything was sanitized. Oh, and there’s also the shark attack in the Potomac in 1911!
• https://americangardenhistory.blogspot.com – ok this is a stretch, I know. But, give it a shot!
• https://neal.fun/deep-sea/ – a great illustration of what lives where in the ocean none of us will visit over spring break! (Here’s the rest of his work. It’s fair to say that Neal is pretty fabulous!)
• https://www.ocearch.org/tracker/?list – want to know where individual Great White Sharks are? Here’s a live map!
• https://www.geoguessr.com – You see a random photo, now guess where it was taken. The closer you are, the more points you get.
Anything by Jim Al-Khalili. He focuses on science (mostly physics and chemistry) and makes it really interesting for normal people!! Awesome stuff
US History Articles
• http://www.americanheritage.com/…/10-moments-made-american-… – this is a must for any APUSH student! (AP US History). Well-written, interesting. Solid stuff. I am not a business guy, but it interested even me!
• https://arstechnica.com/…/theres-a-1000-year-old-lost-city…/ – Fascinating article on a pre-Colombian indigenous metropolis in the Midwest
• https://www.huffpost.com/…/fallen-9000-sand-stencils-dday_n… – Amazing tribute to the Allied troops who invaded Normandy.
• https://www.bartleby.com/400/poem/26.html – Here’s a poem by the Pilgrim author William Bradford. There’s an odd mixture of melancholy and hope that is perfect for quarantine!
• https://www.alternet.org/…/what-the-aztecs-can-teach-us-ab…/ – Unexpectedly interesting advice on life from a culture more famous for human sacrifice than wisdom on what living a good life means! Really, really interesting.
If you actually read this far, give us a thumbs up in the comments